These are the student friendly objective posters that cover EVERY 3rd Grade Math Common Core Standard. You'll never need to write objectives on your board again, you can post these instead! If you are worried about all the printing in color, check out this blog post about the cheapest ink and best printer I have found for teachers. Ink is under $1.00 per cartridge.
These are the students' checklist pages. Students have to master all parts of a standard to earn the corresponding animal badge. The animal badges are worth between 1 and 4 points. I am going to highlight each part of the standard when it's mastered. When the section is all yellow, the student will earn the animal badge for that standard and place it on his/her zoo map.
This is the front page of the Teacher's Planning Packet. This is a separate planning folder for the teacher which is different than the students' checklist pages.
These are the teacher planning pages. Every 3rd Grade math common core standard is listed in this teacher planning packet. There are areas for you to put the date(s) that you taught the standard and what activities you did. There is also a teacher's notes section and an area to place names of the students in your class that may still be struggling with this concept.
These are the students "Zookeeper's Guide to Learning" where they will collect and earn their animals for their zoo. The number on the map corresponds to an animal designated by the key. When a student masters that given standard, you in return give them the corresponding animal to glue on his/her map. I am going to have a set time where I give out the animal badges in groups about once every two weeks or so.
These are the animal award badges that the students earn when they master the different standards. They will glue these on their zoo maps when they meet a standard.
I created this 120 page 3rd Grade Math Standards Management System because:
- I wanted a guaranteed way that I would cover all of the standards.
- I wanted a way to plan and track my teaching.
- I wanted to be able to keep track of which math standards the students had mastered.
- I also implemented an incentive system where students can earn "animal award badges" for each of the 3rd grade math common core standards that they master.
- In our district we have to post all of our objectives in student friendly terms. Usually this is done first thing in the morning. I wanted an easier way, so in this packet I created an objective poster for every 3rd grade math common core standard in student friendly terms so I will never have to write an objective on the board again.
- All of the posters are divided by standard so they are easily accessible.
Everything in the picture plus much more, a total of 120 pages is included in this file. It's exactly what 3rd grade teachers need to keep track of their own teaching, planning, and keeping track of what student's master.
Kids love the incentive of earning "animals for their zoo" along the way!
This is a pdf file. This particular file is for third grade. If you are worried about printing in color, click here to read my blog post about the best printer with the cheapest ink, great for teachers.
DOWNLOAD THIS BY LOGGING IN TO YOUR AMAZINGCLASSROOM.COM ACCOUNT, CLICK WHITEBOARD RESOURCES, AND THEN PRINTABLES. DON'T HAVE A MEMBERSHIP? CLICK HERE TO GET ONE! IT'S ONLY $29.95 A YEAR!
DON'T WANT TO REGISTER? NO WORRIES! YOU CAN GET THIS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FROM MY TN STORE BY CLICKING ON THE BUTTON BELOW FOR $10.00.